1 pack vegan mozzarella cheese, or brand of choice
Miyoko mozzarella cheese, sliced like small thick pieces of bacon
Grated vegan mozzarella works too
3-4 large portobello mushroom caps, wiped with a wet paper towel, gills removed
*1 teaspoonful onion powder
1 teaspoonful garlic powder
1 teaspoonful smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoonful sea salt
1 small onion, sliced
2 small red peppers- sliced OR ¾ cup jarred
1 large french roll or bread of choice- cut open
Vegan pesto ***infusing options
Mix 2 tablespoons of canna-oil with at least ½ cup pesto
Olive, coconut oil or vegan butter
- Gather the ingredients. Review and complete the PREP IT steps. Preheat oven to 350
Degrees or prepare the toaster oven.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion and cook until translucent, or about 3-5 minutes. Remove and set to the side, covered.
- Add seasoned portobello caps to the pan. Cook mushrooms on one side for 3 min and then flip and cook the other side.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut aminos to start and coat mushrooms in the sauce. Add a few drops more if desired. Turn heat down low and cover the mushrooms, cooking for 5-7 minutes. Mushrooms will reduce slightly in size.
- While the mushrooms are simmering, move on to the bread. Lightly brush or drizzle a light layer of olive oil, coconut oil or vegan butter on the open face of the bread.
***For infused sandwich options: