- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cups coconut oil*
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup applesauce
- 3 ½ cups flour
- ⅓ cups water
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 oz vegan cream cheese (softened)
- 2 teaspoons plant-based milk
- ½ teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vegetable oil. Beat at low speed until blended.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices. Beat until blended.
- Add pumpkin and applesauce. Beat until blended.
- Add flour and water and stir just until blended.
- Stir in cranberries.
- Pour batter into two (5×9 inch) loaf pans that have been greased and floured.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes in pan, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine icing ingredients and mix until smooth. Spoon icing over bread. (If you want a thicker icing double this portion of the recipe
*Cannabis-infused option: depending on potency, mix the standard vegetable oil with infused oil for a total of 1/3cup. Infused oil should be liquid to mix with coconut oil and then add additional wet ingredients before following rest of recipe.