Black Cannabis Week (BCW) is a transformative virtual global event amplifying the Black experience in cannabis, September 17-24, 2023. It is a weeklong experience of dedicated discussions with over 55+ speakers, panels, events, celebrations, and opportunities to network and develop solutions for making cannabis more equitable for
Black and Brown people. A featured live program will be the Black Voices in Cannabis Policy panel to be moderated by Chelsea Higgs Wise, of Marijuana Justice. This panel includes the top policy influencers and industry advocates
who are following the momentum of the movement and will offer what’s next in their work and the community can be involved.
- Crystal D. Peoples-Stokes– NYS Assembly Majority Leader
- Gary Chambers Jr.– A 2022 United States Senate candidate in Louisiana, Founder of Bigger Than Me, Co-founder of The Rouge Collection, and an entrepreneur
- Sephida Artis-Mills-Co-Founder and President of the United Empowerment Party
- Dasheeda Dawson-Founding Director of Cannabis NYC
- Attorney Scheril Murray Powell , ESQ – Chief Operating Officer the JUSTÜS Foundation
- Shekia Scott -Boston Cannabis Business Manager in the Mayor’s Office of Economic Opportunity and Inclusion
Closing the program on Friday, September 22, there will be a Keynote Address by Dasheeda Dawson, a global cannabis advocate, award-winning Fortune 100 business strategist, and bestselling author on the cannabis industry.
As an advocate and policy advisor, Dawson was pivotal to the 2021 landmark passage of New York’s Marijuana Regulation and Taxation Act.
“The Forging into the Future: Black Voices in Cannabis Policy Panel is a true reflection of the mission of Black Cannabis Week and DACO Cannabis Opportunities Conference. The collective work of our esteemed panelists highlight that through innovative cannabis policy rooted in Black community voices, Black futures are on track to
thrive,” shares Cherron Perry-Thomas, Co-Founder and Director of Social Impact at The Diasporic Alliance for Cannabis Opportunities (DACO).
BCW will culminate with the in-person free DACO Cannabis Opportunities Conference in partnership with Pennsylvania State Senator Sharif Street, on September 22-23, 2023 at the prestigious Temple University Lewis Katz School of Medicine as an unparalleled platform that provides educational and informational experiences including panels, engaging speakers, and legal and career support.Black Cannabis Week Highlights and Dates to remember:
● Sept 22: In-Person Policy Day – Pitch Contest Final (cash prize)
● Sept 22 : In partnership with Senator Street, Policy Summit
● Sept 23: In-person Cannabis Opportunities Conference Weeklong experience over 55 + speakers
● 2023 Activations: Homecoming Row – 15 Black and brown business who represent the cannabis supply of color
● Advocacy Row- 13 nonprofits working towards change
● Black Bookstore – 7 cannabis books by Black authors
● Career Fair with 4 dispensary HR teams
● Expungement fair powered by PLSE (Phila. Lawyers for Social Equity) and PCBA (Phila. Cannabis Business Association)
● 3 educational pathways (Entrepreneurship /Wellness/ WISE – An Intergenerational Convo)
● Podcast Row – Spotlight 4 podcasters of color
● A Wellness Center with sound bowl, yoga, MJ tarots, nutrition consults, massage and more
● Sept 24: DACO Day Party – a vibrant celebration of unity
● Vendors to Buy Black all 3 days
The virtual program and in-person conference are free, however ticketed programs include the DACO Awards Ceremony on September 22nd and the BCW Finale Day Party on September 24th.
To learn more, register or secure tickets, visit: linktr.ee/blackcannabisweek